Wendy graduated in 2002 with a Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Therapy. The Diploma covers sports and remedial therapies, manipulative procedures, remedial massage techniques and medical electrotherapy. She has been a member of the Society of Sports Therapists since 2006 and is
In addition to running her own practice, Wendy was involved with the local football scene for a number of years and has a number of agreements in place with local football clubs whose players attend for treatment. She also provides sports therapy and massage services for the elite and recreational gymnasts at Pipers Vale Gymnastics Club, who are based at the Eastern Regional Centre of Excellence, Gainsborough.
Wendy has always had a keen interest in sport and competes in various triathlons and other races. In August 2014 she swam the English Channel as part of a 5 person relay team.
Wendy is a member of the Ipswich Bicycle Club and Stowmarket Striders Running Club.
Her experience to date has included the following:-
- Working for the Liffey Company of Riverdance whilst performing at the Ipswich Regent in September 2014
- Working for the Corrib Company of Riverdance whilst performing at the Ipswich Regent in March 2010
- Working for Ipswich Town FC (Girls and Boys under 16’s) at the Dana Cup 2008 held in Denmark
- Providing massage treatment to the Team GB gymnasts prior to an international competition against Brazil in August 2007
- Ipswich Wanderers Football Club (Sept 2002 – June 2004)
- Woodbridge Town Football Club (July 2004 – Oct 2006)
- S.E.T.E.C Football Academy (Jan 2005 – Oct 2006)
- Whitton United Football Club (Oct 2006 – Oct 2007)
- Suffolk College P.A.S.E. Scheme (Oct 2004 – Jan 2009)
- Suffolk County Football Association (Oct 2004 to May 2011)
- Ipswich YM Rugby Club (Oct 2008 to Apr 2011)
- Suffolk County Rugby Football Union (Feb 2009 to Apr 2010)
- Supervising groups of Sports Massage students at sporting events